Launch day30th November 2012
Prices will vary depending on what company you purchase it from. Amazon listed the Wii U White (basic) at £199 when the Nintendo Preview was running however they removed this price soon after.
Amazon are selling the Wii U consoles
Zavvi.co.uk are selling the white wii u on pre-order for
|White Wii U at Zavvi - http://www.zavvi.com/10475210.html?itl=d|
There are two options for the Wii U console.
Basic Wii U Package: Contents
- white wii u console
- HD graphics 720p and 1080p
- 8gb storage
- 8 gb
- 2 ac adaptors
- hdmi cable)
- Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.
- IBM Power-based multi-core microprocessor.
- Up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic Controller and Wii Balance Board.
- Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.
- Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.
Premium Wii U Package: Contents
- black wii u console
- HD graphics 720p and 1080p
- 2 ac adapters
- 32gb storage
- hdmi cable,
- 2 stands handheld
- charging cradle for handheld
- console stand
- Nintendo land software
- Nintendo network permium
- sensor bar
Tech Specs of the Wii U
- sensor bar for original wii and wii controler & nunchuck
- work with wii u
- most wii software compatible
- ability to transfer purchased wii ware virtual console to wii u
New Wii U Pro Controller specs
- new wii u pro controller (wireless and charges by usb)
- 4 wii u pro controllers can be added
Wii U Gamepad tech specs
- geometric sensor
- LCD touch screen
Games to be available on launch day
30th November 2012
- Fifa 13
- Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
- Nano Assault Neo
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- Nintendo Land
- Rayman Legends
- Trine 2: Directors Cut
- Toko Tori 2
- Aliens Colonial Marines
- Assassin's Creed 3
- Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition
- Darksiders 2
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The power of two
- Game & Wario
- Game Party Champions
- Just Dance 4
- Lego City: Undercover
- Madden NFL 13
- Marvel Avengers: Battle for earth
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- NBA 2k13
- Ninja Garden 3: Razor's Edge
- Rabbids Land
- Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game
- Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythem Alien
- Shribblenauts Unlimited
- Sing Party
- Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
- Sports Collection
- Tank! Tank! Tank!
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition
- Warriours Orochi 3: Hyper
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
More information on the Wii U (provided by Amazon.co.uk)
Discover a wealth of exciting new ways to enjoy home entertainment with Wii U, Nintendo's next home console. With a revolutionary new touch screen controller, precision motion controls, and full HD graphics, a whole new world of play styles and gaming possibilities is on the horizon. The time is coming to truly expand your idea about what a game console is - and can be. The system launches in 2012 and includes the new Wii U console and amazing new controller.
A New Wii Console Experience
According to Nintendo President Satoru Iwata, "Wii U redefines the structure of home entertainment by fundamentally changing how the TV, the game console and the Internet function and interact together," he continues, "The experience enabled by Wii U and its new controller takes players deeper into their games, while reaching out wider than ever before to be inviting to all kinds of gamers."
While in-game the new controller can display information on its screen that does not appear on the TVWii U combines motion-sensing gameplay with the ability to support full HD graphics. Each Wii U console will be paired with a new groundbreaking controller, with its 6.2-inch wide screen. Previously, video games played on a home consoles have been confined to the TV and offered identical viewpoints to each player in a multiplayer environment.
The Wii U controller enhances that experience with different viewpoints available in-game and in differing games/game situations. Also, watching TV and playing console games have been completely separate experiences. The new controller removes these boundaries, creating a more dynamic and fluid gaming and entertainment experience. Examples of this new functionality include:
Within Single Player Games:
- The information and viewpoint can also change in the new controller based on the orientation of its gyroscope
Within Multiplayer Games:
The player using the new controller can have a different experience than those looking at the TV creating a wider variety of competitive and cooperative opportunities
The New Controller
In addition to its 6.2-inch screen, the new controller also features an accelerometer and a gyroscope, a rumble feature, an inward-facing camera, a microphone and speakers. Adding these features to the Classic Controller button scheme -- two analog Circle Pads, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons -- will enable a breadth of gameplay experiences while appealing to both casual and dedicated video game players. The Wii U system can also use up to four additional Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus controllers and is backward compatible to all Wii games and all Wii accessories. The Wii console has sold more than 86 million units globally and greatly expanded the overall audience for video games. Wii U aims to expand that audience even further.