Daily Care:This short list contains information regarding the daily care of gerbils.
- Test the water bottle - make sure water is coming out (sometimes they get blocked)
- Fresh clean water
- Fresh gerbil food
- Fresh sand in a bowl (for them to use as a toilet and bathe)
- Handle your gerbil
- Fresh handful of hay (if you choose to give it to them)
- Throw in a cardboard toilet roll tube or two (it gives them something to do)
When to clean out a gerbil cage:
Its recommended to clean out your gerbil cage entirely once every two weeks, they are relatively clean animals when kept in a glass or plastic tank. However they do not really like being cleaned out.
- Clean out the cage every 2 weeks.